Communications coordinator - Part time, posted 12/22/21
Submit Résumé, Cover Letter and Salary Requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Part-Time: 15 – 20 hours weekly – direct hire or contractor position
- Availability on Mondays and Wednesdays for planning and coordination, remainder of time is flexible. Mondays and Wednesdays staff are in person at office headquarters. COVID-19 vaccine required.
The Communications Coordinator will help further the mission of Leadership Fairfax and support the goals of their leadership development programs and networks. The Communications Coordinator will collaborate with staff to design print and digital collateral, update social media, assist with adding website content, track analytics, and design monthly newsletters.
Director of Leadership Programs and Communications
- Experienced in social media tools and platforms
- Experience adding written and visual content to websites
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Experience working in graphic design software (Publisher, Adobe, or Canva)
- Knowledge of design best practices and current trends in design, technology and media
- Graphic Design: Create visually compelling print and digital collateral following organizational branding including flyers, social media content, website headers and brochures
- Website Content: Perform monthly website audit of content, links, photos and user experience; update content if needed; monitor for accessibility and update accordingly
- Social Media: Schedule weekly posts on social media platforms and compile monthly analytics report for Staff, Board of Directors and Communications Committee. Monitor notifications and keep the conversation going.
- Community Outreach: Compile and design content, announcements and news for monthly Constant Contact newsletter, and disseminate following approval. Design quarterly newsletter highlighting volunteer service opportunities, Equity Council Initiatives and Volunteer Training.
- Marketing Planning: Coordinate with the Director of Leadership Programs and Communications visioning to create actionable plans to further the mission of Leadership Fairfax.
- Edit and proof communications as needed
- Assist with file management in Dropbox
- Other communications projects as needed
Submit résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.